Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Roses and Rasberries.

Back when I lived in Battle Creek and read the Battle Creek Enquirer (http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/) my favorite section was always the Roses and Rasberries section. This was a chance for people in the community to give someone a rose or a rapberry. Roses were given to people who had gone out of their way to do something nice or gone out of their way unexpectedly for someone else. Rasberries were the opposite.

Today I would like to give a great big ROSE to Lora. Lora is wife of a patient that comes in the Physical Therapy center I work at. While she is waiting for her husband to complete his therapy, she and I get to talk. She takes the time to know the names of all my family members and my favorite stores and everything in between. I also have gotten to know a great deal about her. A lot of times I have 2 seconds to talk with someone checking in and then they are gone. But Lora is not a patient so she gets to sit up front with me. She is always smiling and never complaining. She has brought me chocolate candy at Christmas and many other desserts and treats since then. She has cried when she told me stories about her father and his struggle with lung cancer. Basically, she has become a great friend. So here is to Lora, who is a ray of sunshine in the boring waiting room in the middle of winter!

1 comment: